Thursday, September 4, 2008

High School Memories...

High School Memories....
so... I was tagged from another friends blog and I have to say this one was pretty entertaining. I decided to include some school pictures to help with the memories. Kailey is here with me looking at old pictures and keeps making comments about my hair sticking up so high... that was the way we rolled back then:) Enjoy making fun of me... living in the early 90's.

1. Did you date someone from your High School? Yes, I dated a few guys from my high school and also a few from our rival high school :)

2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove my mom's car, it was a light blue grand prixx! I remember it having a 8track deck and then my parents bought the converter so that we could listen to tapes in the car. Wow! We thought we were pretty awesome!

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of High School for you? oh i'm sure there are so many...glady I can't remember them all. One that totally stands out is that I was going to try out for the drill team my freshman year. My sister helped me at home because she was in drill team when she was in high school. Try outs came and I went out to do the dance and I totally froze! I ran off the gym floor without doing the dance at all... as i'm running by the office someone yelled out that I had a delivery. My sister had sent flowers saying "good luck!" Ya, I felt like a ass!

4. Were you a party animal? I wouldn't say I was a party animal. Yes, we always had fun with our friends but we didn't party all the time.

5. Were you considered a flirt? 90% of my friends were guys... so a girls gotta say what she needs to, to get her way :)
(this is one of my senior year pictures) Those were wranglers and boots!!! Yikes!


6. Were you in Band, Orchestra, or Choir? I was in band and choir but only for a year. I played the clarinet... this was all just to get my music credits

7. Were you a nerd? no! check out those pics and that hair! I'm sure that I had to get points for that!
I thought this picture was priceless! standing in front of the mirror trying to get that hair just a bit higher i'm sure!
and I couldn't even keep my eyes open for the pictures... I have alot of pictures of me with my eyes closed! Dork!

8. Were you on any Varsity teams? nope! I only played volley ball for a year and couldn't stand it because our team sucked! I actually got in trouble after one of our games because I yelled at a couple of the girls for not playing hard enough... the school wanted to be fair and let everyone play no matter how bad they were... blah blah blah :)

9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? Never! I got in trouble for being tardy a few times but that was about it. I dated the secretaries son for a while and the vice principal went to school with my parents so I had it pretty good :)

10. Can you still sing the fight song? yes, I can hear it in my head right now.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr Blackham (history, and one of my bestfriends dad), can't remember the other guys name, i'm totally drawing a blank right now but he tought type and something else too... he was the coolest teacher ever!

12. Where did you sit during lunch? we always went to The Bright Spot (fast food place) or to Top Stop for lunch. I think I only ate school lunch maybe once or twice my freshman year.

13. What was your school's full name? Manti High School
This was one of my very good guy friends Robert Shuffler at a girls choice dance. I think I was a sophmore

14. School mascot? Templars

15. Did you go to Homecoming? Yep, I don't think I missed any dances. I don't remember them calling it "Homecoming". We did things different down there...
This was a Valentines day dance that wasn't a "date" dance. We decided to get pictures together with friends.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? i'll pass! I had great friends and had alot of fun but... I can't deal with the drama anymore! I would much rather deal with my kids rather then the dumb girls and their stupid problems...

17. What do you remember most about graduation? feeling a little nervous that we were going into the real world and would have to deal with real problems. I also remember a group of our class members, maybe 5-6 of them sang a song by Boys to Men and they sounded horrible! I was embarrased for them.

18. Where did you go Senior Skip Day? We had no such thing down there...

19. Were you in any clubs? i can't remember back that far... that is pretty sad

20. Have you gained some weight since then? ya... looking back at some of these pictures i can't believe that I thought I was fat back then. I would kill to look like that again!

21. Who was your Prom Date? my actual Junior Prom date was Justin Guyman. He went to our rival High School.
Junior Prom picture. I had been dating a guy and we broke up about 2 weeks before prom and I met Justin Guymon. He was very sweet to take me and we had a ton of fun. We actually started dating after this too :)

22. 10 year Reunion? Are you planning on going? sadly that has passed and I didn't go. Me and a friend from High School talked about it and it didn't sound so great so we passed... maybe we'll go to the 20 year???

23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Enjoy High School while you are there and don't hurry so fast to be done!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I love it! I might have to steal this one! I'm with you on the hair - the bigger the better!!!

Colton and Garrett said...

I TOTALLY don't remember that story about drill team. I'm soooooooooooooo OLD!!!!!! NICE pictures!!!!

Colton and Garrett said...

thats some nice hair you got stacey!